The North Pole is way to far away
So Santa came near our house to play
With our girls, let's go visit Santa on December 12, 2009
We'll do it early in the season to avoid that big, long line
With basketball games, activities and such
With basketball games, activities and such
the time is TBD, hope it's not too much
We can all decide as the time draws near
Let's do food and Santa, o how the girls will cheer!
Say you'll come, Please RSVP
to spread the Christmas glee.!
We can all decide as the time draws near
Let's do food and Santa, o how the girls will cheer!
Say you'll come, Please RSVP
to spread the Christmas glee.!
First one friend answered and then another! I couldn't believe it when they all rsvp'd yes! I had one friend who teased me about wanting Christmas to come to early; but I always say "bring it on!" Brenna was so excited to be seeing Santa with all of her friends.
We decided on breakfast and being the first in line to visit Santa since there were so many of us. It was the prefect decision. The other decision that worked so beautifully was a change of venue. Last year, we went to the local mall, but this year Santa came to another shopping mecca near us and we thought we had to try. I woke early; I was really excited. We were going to meet at Corner Bakery at 8:30 am; I wanted to be there early enough to make sure we all got seats together. As I pulled up to the Bakery, I was shocked that there were so many parking spots open as this is never the case with this place. Brenna and I parked and walked in the street, there was no one there. The morning was crisp and was one of those times that when you breathe in, you feel you're taking everything else in to: the sounds, the sites, the smells, it was a perfect moment of quiet.
Brenna ran to greet each girl as they arrived. Soon, there was lots of laughter and talking. We moms sat at one end of the table and the girls sat at the other end of the table. It was great to eat breakfast with friends and know that Santa was near. We left the Corner Bakery around 9:45 to walk the short way to where Santa was going to greet the swarm of children. When we walked in, there was no one there, but there were signs of Santa--his chair, presents, the excitement that seemed to be swirling around. We set the girls up for pictures, but Brenna wasn't really having any of it!! "Mom, why do you have to take pictures?!"
"Because you will be happy I did one day."
Shortly right before 10:00am, Santa's arrival time, one of the moms, said, "Oh, there's Santa!" And she almost got knocked over with the stir she created!! I don't think she'll do that again.
And we were the only ones there so Santa spent about 40 minutes with us! All of us! I think he was a little overwhelmed. We got pictures of the girls with Santa and the moms with Santa! We had so much fun. Brenna asked Santa for a nintendo dsi--something she had never asked Santa for and which I wasn't prepared to hear. What's Santa to do?
And then we headed home....full of Christmas cheer.
Brenna ran to greet each girl as they arrived. Soon, there was lots of laughter and talking. We moms sat at one end of the table and the girls sat at the other end of the table. It was great to eat breakfast with friends and know that Santa was near. We left the Corner Bakery around 9:45 to walk the short way to where Santa was going to greet the swarm of children. When we walked in, there was no one there, but there were signs of Santa--his chair, presents, the excitement that seemed to be swirling around. We set the girls up for pictures, but Brenna wasn't really having any of it!! "Mom, why do you have to take pictures?!"
"Because you will be happy I did one day."
Shortly right before 10:00am, Santa's arrival time, one of the moms, said, "Oh, there's Santa!" And she almost got knocked over with the stir she created!! I don't think she'll do that again.
And we were the only ones there so Santa spent about 40 minutes with us! All of us! I think he was a little overwhelmed. We got pictures of the girls with Santa and the moms with Santa! We had so much fun. Brenna asked Santa for a nintendo dsi--something she had never asked Santa for and which I wasn't prepared to hear. What's Santa to do?
And then we headed home....full of Christmas cheer.


1 comment:
What a great idea! You are so on-the-ball! Merry Christmas to you and your fam. Have a great day today and tomorrow. Love and miss,
e
Post a Comment