1. Contract, furloughs, RIFS, County Council, Maitenance of Effort, Race to the Top--our contract is up for negotiation and people are torn over whether or not to accept the new contract. I gave up a 5% increase last year, so teachers wouldn't loose their jobs. And then I lost mine! Our superintendent tried to put out a proactive non-recommended budget cut this year in anticipation of cuts that were going to be deep. Media Specialists were not even on that recommended budget cuts-and we were cut, and yet again I lost my job! (Ok, it is my friend who works with me, but still a media specialist position was cut when it wasn't on the recommended list)! I'm really sad I don't have the trust in my teacher's union to take a media specialist's best interests and represent them fairly beside a teacher's interests. They have already shown media specialists are too small a fish in the big pond to fight for. Sigh.
2. I'm so worried for my friend whose mom has had a series of strokes. This is the second set of strokes and I'm afraid she won't make it. My friend needs her mom. And then I think about how I need my mom. I wish I could do something to make her better, but I can't. I just need to be there for my friend in the way she needs but, but is too stubborn to admit.
3. Where does the time go? I can't believe that 24 hours in a day doesn't seem to be enough time. I'm work, but then it should seem like I have some hours to fill how I want to. But that never happens. I get busy with carpools, activities, planning activities that I do what I don't like which is fall to the couch and watch tv. I don't like it, but don't know how to change it. I don't want to impart my bad habits to my children.
4. I want my foot to get better! It has been a year and almost 3 months since my heel started hurting. I have had tests, orthodics, shots, etc. and nothing helps. If I have had a long day, running around or standing a lot, my heel aches at the end of the day. So, I haven't exercised in a year and 3 months! I feel yucky, I look yucky and I don't know what to do about it. Even walking hurts it.
5. I love my new house! I love the hottub, I love the rooms, and I love Brenna's little nooks and crannies she's found. Her favorite is one underneath of our stairs. She has hung up a shower curtain to make it more private. She has moved her American Girl doll accessories down there. I found Noah there the other day, with a flashlight reading. I loved it.
6. I am so greatful for my friends. I wish we got together more! My friends are all focused on their children's activities, but I love when we squeeze in a dinner together, either with or without kids. I wish we could do it more. I wish I didn't feel like hanging out was wasting time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
miss and love you. xoxoxo
Post a Comment