Since there are no pictures, I thought I would share with you how Tobin asked his date to homecoming. But I may need to give you some background so that you get the context in which this was done!
Over the summer I noticed that Tobin kept mentioning the name "Dani" when we talked about the other middle school that was going to join Tobin's school at the high school. Tobin was so excited for high school because his friends at RMS had much more in common with him and they would be together for the first time. So, he would mention Dani's name in connection with his RMS friends and Bar/Bat Mitzvah's they had gone to. It was pretty subtle but my mommy intuition told me this was a girl to watch for.
As soon as high school started, there was buzz about Homecoming. It is sooo early this year, the first weekend in October. Tobin mentioned he was going to have to ask a girl that first week of school to give her time to shop for a dress. He then jokingly said that that "might be a good thing as they don't really know me yet!"
A week later, Tobin was sitting at the kitchen table and I was cleaning up the kitchen when I asked him with whom did he want to go to Homecoming. He was resistant at first and finally (I know he really wanted to tell me), he said that he was asking Dani. I had to turn away so that Tobin couldn't see the smile on my face! As I was turning around, Tobin was stating, "It's just as friends!" Mommy intuition wins again. :)
On the Monday of Labor Day, Tobin was at a friend's house and decided that today was the day he was going to ask Dani to homecoming! He was with two friends and they knew Tobin had to call her house to get the help of her parents. Later I was told that the boys (Tobin, Bradley, and Andrew) went into the living room to role play the possible phone call conversations with Dani's mom. However, it was Dani's dad who answered and all thought of practice went out the window.
Tobin explained who he was and that he would like to take Dani to Homecoming and he could use their help in asking her. He explained what he needed and about an hour later, Tobin showed up with a note rolled up like a scroll with a paw print ribbon tied in a bow around it. He knocked on the door and asked her parents to please tie this letter around Dani's dog's collar so that when she came home and greeted her favorite dogs, she would see the note.
It worked. And she said "yes" in a TEXT message. (Boy, do I have a lot to teach this young thing about being creative in answering a date request!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good Job, Tobin, POPPOP
PopPop--do you have any fun stories to share about asking girls out on dates? I know the kids would love to hear it and it would make Brenna giggle. :) Love to you.
Paige
Post a Comment