Tuesday, September 25, 2007
fairy realism
What a night!! I was so prepared for my little shift in roles last night. I actually remembered to bring the $ with me upstairs when I was turning off the lights, setting the alarm and closing down everything for the night. I decided IT would be the last thing I did before I lay down for the night, so I wouldn't have any explaining to do as to why I was still awake should it come to needing an explanation. So, bleary eyed, around 11:00 I went in to snuggle Noah. Would you believe, he woke up? I was shocked. Noah sleeps through EVERYTHING! I told him I was just cuddling him and kissing him good night. My thwarted attempt made me nervous b/c I wasn't sure now when to do the deed. I went to sleep and woke up around 4:00 am. I thought this would be perfect! Would you believe that Noah startled awake and sat up so quickly that he fell back over into a reclining position! I told him I was still just kissing him goodnight. Multitasking, I quickly placed the NEW object of desire under the pillow while I pretended to guide Noah's head down to the pillow, when in all actuality I was holding off the moment. Earlier in the day, we had put the object of our desire into a little baggy which seemed like a good idea at the time. But: Note to self--when everything else is quiet, baggies make a lot of noise. I did succeed in moving it from the bed to the floor though. Finally, at 6:30 as I was walking downstairs for the day, I thought I would give it one more try. I bent down to Noah's level and I looked at his eyes. I thought he looked asleep, but he started to laugh. All I could do was laugh, call him a "goofball" and push the object from plain view to under the bed. I quickly left before the truth became completely unglued from my lips. While downstairs, Noah came to me and said something to the effect of "I saw what you did. I woke up when you pulled my tooth out from my pillow." He had a huge grin and I simply didn't know what he was talking about. I am innocent. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Paige, this is too funny. Isn't it great that you have a place to blog, so that when you're ready to scrapbook, it's all documented. Noah sure looks cute without that front tooth. He better watch out, or I may have to pass Granddaddy's nickname (Snaggle tooth) on down to Noah. (At least I always thought it was a nickname just for me.)
Post a Comment