On Friday, Brenna's reading class at school had a mother's day tea for us. Brenna was very worried that I don't drink tea and what was I going to drink. (So cute, right?) I ran home from work on Friday afternoon, grabbed my camera and ran up to school. I got to Brenna's class a little late and was one of the last mom's to arrive. As I walked in and sat down, Brenna beamed and ran to me and jumped into my arms.
Not sure why, but lately Brenna clings to me whenever she sees me (and she is back to sleeping in bed with who ever will let her! Lately, it has been Noah in his twin bed!). However, the chairs in Brenna's reading room were little, meant for little children, and I didn't want to live the literary experience of Goldilocks and break the chair, so I had Bree get up and go sit back down on the rug where her classmates were sitting.
Things happened so quickly and Brenna was up in the stool next to the chair of "honor" meant for the mother's to sit. Brenna was so excited and called me up to the chair and really started reading before I even had a chance to sit down. So, by the time I was comfortable and ready to listen, it was over! That was okay with me as I really wanted to read the poem (I use the term loosely) Brenna had written for me later on in private. As such, I wasn't all teary eyed like I usually am at the end of these things, which is a great thing!!
But then I sat and listened to the other children read their poems to their mothers and I became an overflowing watering can! The unique relationships that these children revealed through their words was touching. Although they all loved their mothers, it was for different reasons and revealed that mothering encompasses so many experiences. One child loved his mother because she made the best (this is significant) spaghetti, another daughter loved her mother because she played cards with her and let her win, another boy loved his mother because she took pictures of him, and Brenna loves me because I cuddle with her when she sleeps!! If you say you don't need a tissue right now, you have a heart of steel, no actually you have no heart like the grinch.
If you need images, here are some I took that I love.
More on mother's day later.
No comments:
Post a Comment