Christmas morning couldn't have been more perfect!! Brenna woke up around 1 am and saw that Santa had come! She reached across her bed to see her what Santa had brought her in her stockings. I told her to lay back down and that we weren't going to do that right now. (I was exhausted after only 3 hours of sleep the night before and there was no way I was in any shape to do that part of Christmas right then). She said, "well, the boys are doing it, their light is on." I turned and looked towards the boys room and indeed saw a light. I got up and had so many thoughts dancing through my head like sugar plums and just knew I would end up in tears. I walked into their room and almost laughed out loud! Noah must have planned earlier because he had his head lamp on his head so his hands could be free to pull and grab out of the stocking! If I hadn't been so tired, I would have let him go, but I couldn't!
So I said, "Noah, we are not doing that right now! You need to go back to sleep and do this in the morning."
Thankfully they did!! I didn't hear from them until 7:30 am.
Andy and I came down, turned on the lights, turned on the Christmas music, turned on the video camera and called the children down!
This was the best Christmas ever!!! Our children loved/liked everything we got for them and what Santa got them. Brenna got a frogquarium, Noah got a razor bike, and Tobin got a Flip video camera from Santa. They all loved these gifts; when I saw the flip camera I wasn't sure this morning, but he was really excited!!
And then we moved on to opening up the gifts from us. They really were excited about everything. I feel like this is the first year that has happened with all 3 of them. Noah got an ihome for his ipod that he jumped up and down for, Brenna got Chrissa an American girl doll, and Tobin got a monogrammed team jacket and knapsack for his b-ball team. This was a total shock to me that he loved this so much!! In fact Noah opened his up first and Tobin was visibly "in love" with it and I could see he wished for it! That is when I felt Christmas enter my heart this morning. Their excitement was all the appreciation I needed! Truly, it was perfect. And then I opened my Coach purse and wallet and my heart did a somersault!!
Merry Christmas!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a fun morning with some fun presents. I love you guys.
Post a Comment