Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My Heart Outside

I am volunteering to work on the slideshow for the graduating 5th graders from my children's elementary school. I love doing it and am really excited to do it for Noah next year. So, needless to say, I am gathering pictures through email and the school. This morning, I opened my email and found the following note below. I tried to copy it as a picture, so you could get it, but I had to cut and paste instead.

I choked me up and I still choke up when I think of it. I guess I had to brag a little bit. I realize that with the prolific forms of communication that these kinds of messages from parents in the community are much more likely to happen, but it still put a smile on my face and a tear in my eye. Thanks for letting me share with you.


Realized after sending the pictures that you are Tobin, Noah, and Brenna's mom. We have enjoyed your children so much. They are all so polite and friendly. We will miss seeing them on the corner after school and seeing Noah continue in Tobin's patrol duties when we go to Lakelands next year. Clover (the beagle) will really miss her friends. For now we'll enjoy the better weather and their afternoon company. Thanks for all your work on the slide show. I'm sure it will be great.

4 comments:

Emilie said...

polite and friendly. I can't think of a better compliment for a mom to hear about her children. Guess where they learned it?

love you.

Tiercy said...

that is so awesome! that an acquaintance would take the time to tell you how wonderful your children are--which I already know.

Bettina said...

Remember, I told you goodness comes with the slideshow. You have to hold these comments to your heart when you start hearing the complaints after the show is over. I'm hoping you get the applause after the slideshow and feel the overwhelming appreciation from the audience.

Debbie said...

We all need more praise and compliments. I can go for a long time on a well-thought out, kind compliment.

That's neat!