Thursday, December 2, 2010

Brenna's Birthday: To the Nines










     We're sitting On Cloud 9. In French the word neuf means both nine and new. Brenna's new best friend, is a K9-Callie, and the cat she wishes she could have has 9 lives. My pregnancy lasted for 9 months; Brenna was born at 9 am on the dot, and now my baby girl turned 9! I can hardly believe this is her last year in a single digit number-9.  For all of the fun factoids above, I believe Brenna will have a blast celebrating being 9! 
     She is already well on her way!  She woke up on Thanksgiving day to her ninth birthday.  Balloons, candy and small toy greeted her as she peeked open her eyes. Her birthday had begun!  She didn't want me to take a picture of it, so alas, no pictures.  Her balloon was a rose, her candy was reeses peanut butter cups, gum, mentos, and chocolate dipped marshmallows!  She also found a Christmas bracelet that lights up as well.  She ran from her room to snuggle in bed with me.  It was fun to have her to myself for a few minutes as I knew the day would be busy and full of fun
     I tried to think of so many different ways I could make her birthday special as it fell on Thanksgiving.  Try as hard as I could, I never came up with something that seemed like a great way to celebrate it!  Brenna, however, was so completely excited about it (being off of school, and seeing all of her cousins) I realized that maybe (I'm not completely convinced) I didn't need to do anything to a day that was already special for her!
     We drove down to the Colchagoffs for a day of Thaksgiving.  I was a little surprised when Brenna didn't want to play in the family turkey bowl, but she knew Julianna wouldnt' want to and she was stickin' by Julianna's side!  She brought her American Girl dolls, Lanie and her just like me doll-Jesse and her new itouch!  And I must say that I pretty much didn't see her again until we sang "happy birthday."  Her smile says it all though!  She was happy through and through-to the nines!



1 comment:

Tiercy said...

Love the factoids! Very clever. It was fun to "Facetime" to wish her a happy birthday. We miss you guys so much!