Thursday, December 9, 2010

Decorating our Tree....

turned into decorating Calle.

But first the story of getting our tree.  We had a two and a half hour window to go get our tree.  We wanted to go to a tree farm and make it an experience with the kids like we used to before we got so busy.  We had Noah and Brenna's friends with us, Carson and Caroline.  So, we were determined to make it a good time.  Hay rides, hot chocolate, caramel apples, and cutting down the tree.  We were going to have fun!

On the way to the tree farm, Carson told us how he picked out his family's tree last year and that he was pretty good for the job!  We were driving, heading out into the country, when he said, "hey, there's where we got our tree last year."  Andy and I looked at each other as if to say, Should we do it?  We knew it would save us time and that would ease our stress.  Maybe they would have hot cider there at least.  So, we did a u-turn and headed to the Catholic church selling trees.
As we pulled up, Tobin said, "Hey, Megan gets her tree here.  I bet they do have good trees!"  Oh good, the kid we need to win over has just been won over!  Maybe this will be good I thought.

Andy and the kids jumped out of the car in a flash and headed right for the trees!  And by the time I arrived after getting my coat on, they had the tree picked out!  Seriously, picked out.  There just seemed something so wrong with that.  Kind of like, you can't pick the first wedding dress you try on; you have to look at the other's to make sure you still want that shape, size and detail!  So, I said we needed to keep going.  I wanted to look too!

The nice gentlemen from the church held up a second tree!  Andy went back and had Tobin hold up the first tree and....done!  We were taking our second tree home!  Within 5 minutes we were done!  Maybe Carson was our good luck charm--at least it wasn't even long enough to start a fight amongst the children, right?

Decorating Calle:



















Like our lives these days, our decorating of the tree happened when it should have been bedtime which made for tired and cranky kids.  Oops.  We tried really hard to have the spirit of Christmas in our hearts and in our words as we decorated.  I think for the most part we made it fun, but that was partly because Calle became the focus of the kids.  They thought one ornament was put on the tree and one decoration was to be put on her.  She was such a good sport and really handled it well.  She even posed for some pictures!  I do love our tree and I do love my family.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

No comments: