Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Eve

Usually Christmas Eve day is a lot of fun for me.  I love to go to the mall to go shopping.  I usually only have little things still to get, but this year I had some major shopping to do and so it became a stress-full day.  I also was hoping to get the wrapping done so I wouldn't have to do it after the dinner.  I made good use of RIO this year.  I was able to get my last minute (who am I kidding-it was last hours) shopping done!  

We were having a raclette dinner for Christmas Eve and Andy and I were hoping it would be a great big, roaring success!!!  But Andy needed to do the shopping for the meet and the prep work hadn't been done the night before like I'd hoped.  Even though the raclette dinner uses raclette cheese I wasn't even sure if it was available here.  I should have knonwn my honey would come through--he found the best choices of meats and he found raclette cheese!
Dinner was really fun and it was nice to be able to sit down together with Andy's family for dinner.  It had been a really long time since we'd spent any real time with Shari and Beth, so it was nice to be able to catch up with them.  And as always it was fun to see the Keenans.  It seems like between our Hannukah dinner with them and our Christmas dinner piled on top like a cherry as well, we were able to catch up more than usual.  It was also nice to see Jacqueline, home from college as well.  

Chris shared a story with us about a time he took Andy backpacking when he was about 8 years old and Andy ended up falling into a stream with his backpack on as he was stepping on the stones to cross.  Chris neglected to mention that Andy might want to lean forward with the pack on!

I know Andy loves spending time with his family.  I loved having it at our house with it being our "new" house and all of our Christmas decorations.  Andy did such a great job with the lights outside.  And the best addition this year was my tall Santa; he added a lot to our foyer in the way of welcome!  

Merry Christmas Eve!










No comments: