Last Saturday, we showed up to Panera at exactly 8:30am. Why is it that sometimes I am exactly on time and sometimes I am rediculously late? This morning, I wanted to be there on time as I had arranged this outing with Brenna's friends and moms. As we were walking in, several moms pulled into the parking lot and we were all able to walk in together. I love Panera breakfasts. Between bagels, souffles, muffins and oatmeal there was so much to choose from. I chose a egg and spinach souffle and Brenna wanted a cinnamon crunch bagel! That just has to come with a smile-they are so good and tasty.
The girls sat at tables next to us and we moms sat together. My friend Kate just had her baby, a boy, and so the girls were irresistably drawn to him! They wanted to hold him, touch him, and love him. It is clearly easy to see that this little baby will not walk until he is five years old as he has so many "adopted" big sisters. It was fun to hear the girls chatting about Santa Claus. One friend, Josie, told the story of how she lost her tooth on Christmas Eve last year and how the tooth fairy met Santa Claus last year, Brenna told the story of how one year Santa left a pair of green pj bottoms for Tobin (?) and Santa left a note that green was Mrs. Claus' favorite color. Another girl told how she heard Santa's footsteps on the stairs left year and on and on. It is so cute to see the Christmas excitement with these little girls who believe.
Brenna and her friend Lindsay wanted to switch shirts! They liked what each other was wearing.
Then we were off to see Santa. This Santa was amazing. He had each of the girls sit on his lap individually and then they sat on his lap in a group. He asked them questions about what they wanted. Brenna's friend Kate said to her mom, "Mom, I think Santa really is going to bring me a puppy becuase when I said that he asked me what kind I wanted!" (Oh poor mother, she has to explain that they can't have a pet because they are allergic to dog hair).
I wanted to tell Santa what a great job he was doing, but when he did so, he pulled me close and said, "You moms are doing a great job. These girls were polite and well-mannered." Thanks Santa, you really are a man for making people smile.




1 comment:
What...late? I am almost never late, seriously! It makes my stomach in knots. And, Tyler inherited it from me. That son of mine freaks if he is going to be late to school, school of all places.
So fun for you to that for Brenna and her friends.
Post a Comment