Ahh....the morning tradition of waiting on the stairs while Andy and I turn on the lights, Christmas music, we get our video cameras and our digital cameras ready, and I take my first set of pictures before the children can come off of the stairs. They are pretty patient usually, but we don't make them take too long.
Christmas morning all wrapped up!
Santa gifts for the year! I guess they were good.
Getting ready to unwrap Christmas!
Noah trying to peek inside his gift to see if he can tell what it is!
Everyone got sooo much for Christmas this year. I must say this is one of those Christmases where we overdid it! I can't help myself; I have really embraced the old adage "It is better to give than to receive" and it really is true, especially when it comes to giving to your children. They are really such great children and there is just so much we could give them- it's so hard to decide.
This year, I decided to try something new out. I came up with questions to ask the kids before they opened a gift. If they got the question right, they could open it. If they got it wrong they were supposed to wait until their next turn. At first I was going to make up the questions about Christmas trivia, but then thought it would be a fun way for them to learn stories about Andy and me. I don't think it worked as well in reality as much as it did in my head. Maybe if we had only asked a question every other present or something it might have been better. I think the kids liked the idea of it too, becuase when they gave each other their gift, they also asked a question to go along with it. It just didn't do anything for the excitement of Christmas! I will have to rethink if I want to try this again next year. There's a good idea in there some where, I just have to tweak it!
Andy got a crepe pan for Christmas which I was excited about (I gave it to him). We had crepes for breakfast on Christmas morning. They were so good and Andy made fabulous crepes with the help of his crepe pan! Maybe this is a tradition that will stick!
Merry Christmas everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Paige, We loved every minute of o ur time at your house. It was especially fun to get there early and spend time with your kids. I hope we didn't spoil the broth!!! Next time tell me an hour after you want us there!
your decorations were awesome and festive. You and Andy are just terrific!
Post a Comment