Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas dinner

My family's turn




Because I was so busy with the hustle and bustle of getting everything ready, I misplaced my camera and only got these pictures before everyone got here.  My mom wanted to come early and help, but really to many cooks spoil the broth and there was nothing for her to do. 

It was one of those Christmas dinners where I felt like I was busy the whole time and really had very little time with any one person, but a little bit of time with every one! 

The kids were downstairs playing a lot and teh adults were upstairs talking.  One Christmas I dream of everyone being upstairs together.  We had one scare when we found out that Tiercy had to take Steve to the hospital because his heart was racing.  The only good thing about hospitals on Christmas is that they are virtually empty because everyone is home where they should be.  Luckily, he was there for only two hours and then he was able to go home.  They were going to need to do more follow up tests this week, but he was home where he belonged! 

Unwrapping presents with everyone was complete chaos!  I think mom loved it though-Christmas isn't supposed to be quiet.  Because we had more room in the family room, the children quickly carried all of the presents from the living room where they were to the family room.  Paper was flying everywhere, kids were running everywhere, and everyone was saying "Merry Christmas!" 

By the time everyone left around 10:00, Andy were exhausted!  WE had stayed up until 2:30 am wrapping presents and getting ready for the morning and were ready to fall down.  We tried to watch a little tv, but we fell asleep.  :)

2 comments:

Emilie said...

merry christmas, you guys! looks like a great time all around! xo

Anonymous said...

Great stuff, Paige. Loved the pics and comments, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you.
Love Pop and Pop-Pop